s Palmer Family Blog: Wesley's newest trick
Palmer Family Blog

6.30.2007

Wesley's newest trick

When Wesley was one week old, I read in my pediatric book that infants as young as one week old can mimic basic movements - like sticking out their tongue.

As soon as Steve heard about this possibility, he immediately started sticking out his tongue at Wesley as often as possible. Although I reminded Steve that Wesley sticking out his tongue would not be so cute in a couple of years, I secretly wondered if Wesley would learn to mimic the motion.


Lo and behold - a couple of days later, Steve stuck out his tongue out and Wesley did it too! I wondered if it was a coincidence, but no - he does it quite often now! And it's so cute!

I'm sure that we won't think it's cute when he starts school and is sticking his tongue out at people, but for now it's adorable. :)




No comments: