s Palmer Family Blog: Wesley's first day of daycare
Palmer Family Blog

5.19.2008

Wesley's first day of daycare

Last night I got all of his stuff together, laid out his outfit for today, filled out the rest of the paperwork, and was teary-eyed the whole time!

Getting out the door this morning was harder than I expected - even with all of his stuff ready to go. We finally got out the door, and he drank his morning sippy on the way. Lesson learned #1: Put a bib on so that he's not drenched before we even get there.

When we pulled in the parking lot my stomach was in knots. I carried him and all of his stuff inside (I had to make 2 trips!). When the Director walked up, Wesley held out his arms for her! She carried him into his room, and he immediately went to the head teacher (Miss Dawn) in there.

She carried him around the room and showed him everything, and then put him down. He walked over to the kids that were playing, and never even looked back for me!! I didn't know whether to jump for joy, or cry! Lesson learned #2: This may be harder on me, than on Wesley!

I stuck around for awhile, peeking around the door, to watch him and see how he was doing. When they gave them breakfast, I decided I would leave and the head teacher said "Wesley wave bye-bye to mommy. She'll be back soon." I was thinking "Oh NO!!! Now he's going to cry for me!!"

But he turned around, waved at me, and then kept on eating!!

I felt myself getting all teary-eyed, so I knew it was time to get out of there!

He looks like such a big boy playing with all of the other little kids. My little baby isn't so little anymore!

I know that the hard part isn't over yet, but today was definitely a lot better than I'd expected! The head teacher is going to call me during lunch or naptime to let me know how he's doing, and told me that I can call at any time to check on him (although, I've made myself hold off on calling so far!)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a big boy Wesley is now! I am sure he'll do just fine at daycare (and so will you!!!) It gets a lot easier! I promise!