Last night was awful. About 10 minutes after midnight, I woke up with a piercing pain in the upper right part of my stomach - another gallbladder attack. Only this time, instead of being painful, it was excruciatingly painful.
I went to see the doctor earlier this week to get a referral to another surgeon, since the earliest my surgeon could do the surgery would be October 1. And the October 1 date was only available since it was an "urgent" surgery - otherwise, my surgery date would have been November 15. It just so happened that Dr. V (who did a surgery on me in 1999) was at my doctor's office, so he came in to talk to me. But the bad news was that he is completely booked for surgery until the second week of October. Great.
Dr. V said that my only option for having the surgery done "immediately," would be to go to the ER and ask to speak to him ASAP. He said that since he is the surgeon on call at the hospital, he could do the surgery in the evening as a work-in surgery, after his scheduled surgeries that day. That bad news - since the surgery would be done in the evening, I would have to spend the night in the hospital and be discharged the next day.
After last night, I know that there is no way I can tough it out until October. The pain I had last night was worse than any labor pain I ever had. It was debilitating... the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. So tomorrow morning we are headed to the ER. The surgery will be tomorrow evening, and I should be home Tuesday afternoon.
Here's hoping to a speedy recovery...
- Deanna
9.16.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment