
I found this recipe in my recipe box, and although I can't really remember making these cookies in the past, the card has the original recipe and then my changes... so apparently I have made them before.


This recipe is super easy, and doesn't take long at all to throw together - save the chilling time, of course. And while they are flakey and buttery, they are sturdy enough to pack and give away (or umm... keep!)

I'm not sure how I ever forget about these cookies or their buttery deliciousness. But I do know that I'm moving this recipe to the front of the recipe box.
Strawberry Cream Cookies
Original recipe + my changes
Yields: 3.5 dozen
Ingredients
* 1 c butter, softened
* 8 oz (1 package) cream cheese, softened
* 1 c sugar
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 2.5 c all purpose flour
* Seedless strawberry jam (or any jam of your choice)
Directions
* Preheat oven to 350 F.
* Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Add flour and mix very well.
* Cover and refrigerate 45 minutes - 1 hour.
* Shape chilled dough into 1" balls. (I use a #20 scoop to scoop the dough, then shape into balls. The key to flaky cookies = working quickly to avoid the dough getting too warm, and don't overwork the dough when making the balls). Place balls 2" apart on ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheets.
* Use the end of a wooden spoon (or if you're me - an impeccably clean finger) to make 1/2" deep indentions in the center of each ball. Fill each indention with 1/4 tsp. jam - I used Smucker's Seedless Strawberry Simply Fruit.
* Bake at 350 F for approximately 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the bottom. (These cookies aren't too particular when it comes to baking time - you could bake them anywhere from 9-12 minutes and probably be ok. I like mine barely golden on the bottom, so I removed mine between 9-10 minutes).
* Chill on wire racks and enjoy!
I figure that these would be a good with a simple drizzle of confectioner sugar + water too.

No comments:
Post a Comment