I didn't realize until today that my new camera, a Nikon D40, does not name photos sequentially after photos have been deleted from the camera. For example, if I take 59 photos, then download those photos onto my computer and take more photos, the camera starts the next session with #1, not #60. What a pain.
I did find out that there is a way to change this setting... but that doesn't much help for the more than 1,200 pics I've already taken - including nearly 800 Christmas-related pics.
Although iPhoto will batch rename photos, by what I can tell it only renames them in the Library. It does not actually rename the file.
I did some searching for a batch file renamer, and found several that were available for purchase (ranging from $9 - $50). But after a little more searching , I finally found a free renaming tool for Mac - and it works like a charm!
File Wrangler: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/16436
12.27.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment