s Palmer Family Blog: Grandpa passed away
Palmer Family Blog

7.22.2007

Grandpa passed away

Grandpa Bush passed away last Wednesday. He had been in and out of the hospital several times over the past few months. And in all of the times we visited him while in the hospital, I had never seen him in any condition like he was in on Tuesday when we visited him.

Seeing him broke my heart. He looked so sick, and frail, and ... distant. He kept asking to see Wesley, over and over again. Of course we couldn't take Wesley into the ICU... just too many germs.

We stayed in Glenville over the weekend since the viewing was on Saturday and the funeral was today. Thankfully, the weekend seemed to fly by... probably because we were so busy. There were a lot of people at the viewing. Grandma left the viewing early - it had been such a long day for her.

After the funeral today, everyone came to Grandma's to eat. There was SO much food... I think that everyone from three counties must have brought something to eat. But that's what people do around here... cook for the family of the one who passed on.

I think Grandma is doing pretty well, considering. She loved getting to hold Wesley all weekend, and showing him off to everyone. I think it helped take her mind off of everything that was going on.

Grandpa passing on is such a hard thing for me... I guess in some ways (as crazy as it sounds) I think that my parents and grandparents are going to be around forever. And now I have to face reality.

No comments: