s Palmer Family Blog: Back to work...
Palmer Family Blog

7.31.2007

Back to work...

My maternity leave is over, and today is day two of being back to work.

Yesterday morning was hard. In nine weeks I've only been away from Wesley twice - once for a date night with
Steve, and once for a couple of hours to get my hair cut. So leaving him yesterday morning was tough, but it eased my mind knowing he would be with Mom for the day.

I promised myself two things: that I wouldn't cry, and that I would only call home once. Well, I didn't cry, and I only called home once during the work day, and then once on my way home (but that doesn't technically count, right?!) Honestly, I was so busy at work yesterday that I didn't have time to think about the fact that I was away from my little guy. And although I missed him like crazy, it actually feels good to be back to work.

The best part of my day yesterday was coming home to Wesley... and luckily, he had saved some smiles for his mommy!


No comments: