s Palmer Family Blog: One year ago today
Palmer Family Blog

1.17.2008

One year ago today

One year ago today we had our 21 week ultrasound and found out that Wesley was a healthy baby BOY! Even though I "knew" Wesley was a boy from the beginning, it seemed like those 21 weeks CREEPED by waiting to see him on that ultrasound monitor - and to see if we would be parents to a baby boy or baby girl.

I will never forget being so nervous before we went in for the appointment. I had a million thoughts running through my head - was everything ok in there? What if something was wrong?


As soon as the ultrasound tech turned on the machine we could see Wesley moving around like crazy - and my fears subsided. I was in awe watching our baby on the screen - he was swishing around, trying to suck his thumb, grabbing at his feet and moving his head all around. In fact, he moving around so much that the tech couldn't get all of the measurements that she needed. And although she tried several times, she couldn't get a good look at whether he was a boy or girl.

After she decided we would hae to come back for the rest of the measurements when Wesley wasn't being so active, she said "well, let's take one more look to see this is a boy or girl." As soon as she moved to that general area, I knew what I was looking at. And at that moment she said "look like a boy to me!"

It was one of the happiest moments of my pregnancy. I tried so hard to hold back the tears, but it was impossible. We were having a happy, healthy baby boy.

I can hardly believe that was one year ago!

No comments: