s Palmer Family Blog: Scheduled gallbladder surgery
Palmer Family Blog

8.10.2007

Scheduled gallbladder surgery

After another "attack" on Tuesday night, I called the doctor first thing Wednesday morning to see if I could get an appointment any sooner than Aug 14 (when my gallbladder ultrasound was scheduled.) After hearing about the severe pain I'd had *again*, they worked me in with the ultrasound tech on Wednesday.

At first the ultrasound tech said that she didn't see anything abnormal about my gallbladder, and said that there were no free-floating gallstones that she could see. After looking closer, she said that she could see at least 2 stones lodged in the bottom of my gallbladder. She had me roll around on the table to see if the stones would move - but nope, they are stuck tight. I also have at least one stone lodged in the main duct out of the gallbladder.

I met with with the surgeon yesterday, who said that I definitely need my gallbladder out. So we scheduled the surgery for Thursday, August 30th. She said the operation would take 30-60 minutes, I would spend 60 minutes in recovery, and would be moved to a room until I could walk down the hallway. My follow-up appointment is the next Friday, and I should be able to return the next Monday.

I can't imagine that recovery can be nearly as bad as c-section recovery. And as bad as these "attacks" are getting, I just want to get this over with!

No comments: